With you, always




Early morning you painted the sky,
And every day it was different.
But I chose to be in that late-night party
And missed the first gift that came my way.

You created melody with the birds,

Better than any mobile ringtone,
While I chose to tune into the latest track
That beat its way to the start of my day.

You clothed the Earth in glowy sunlight,

Soft, mild and warm,
And here I was busy cursing the traffic,
Didn't appreciate the bounty around.

But you didn't stop the magic show,

Made flowers bloom and creepers grow,
I missed looking at them on my way,
As I cared only for my phone display.

You worked all night long

To make my eyelashes grow
But when I looked into the mirror
All I saw was a pimple that was new.

Then came the night when you were sure,

That nothing could match that starry sky,
As I sat glued to other blue screens,
Never bothered to look otherwise.

You caressed me with a gentle breeze,

All you could do when I was down,
And I thought how lonely I was,
Unaware of the wonder that was around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get In Touch

e-mail : surobhideb@gmail.com

SUROBHI DEB

SUROBHI DEB
An Artist

Meet The Author

Hi there! Welcome to my blog! I am Surobhi. I am a data science professional based out of the silicon valley of India, Bengaluru. I love to travel across the world, write poems and short stories, read, paint, craft whenever I find time. I am a persistent learner and also passionate about teaching kids to craft. Some causes close to my heart are - Protecting our environment and women empowerment.